Mike Riedmiller – Best-Selling Author of “The Road to Success” with Jack Canfield and other leading entrepreneurs and professionals
I co-authored the book titled “The Road to Success” with best-selling author Jack Canfield and other leading entrepreneurs and professionals from around the world. You might remember Jack from the “Chicken Soup for the Soul®” series of books that he has co-authored. Jack Canfield is one of the most successful authors of all time, having sold over 500 million books.
“The Road to Success” achieved Best-Seller status, reaching as high as No. 3 in the “Direct Marketing” Amazon category, as well as placing No. 17 in “Sales and Selling,” No. 48 in “Entrepreneurship,” No. 58 in “Marketing,” and No. 83 in “Marketing and Sales.”
I was honored to receive a Best-Selling Author Award on the red carpet in Hollywood, California, in September 2016 because of “The Road to Success.” The award ceremony and gala were attended by the media and people from all over the United States and numerous countries. You can view a clip from this event from this video.
As a member of the National Academy of Best-Selling Authors, I feel it’s my privilege to provide ongoing financial education to hardworking people who are nearing retirement or already retired so that I can help them plan for a better financial future.
There are many other projects in the works that I am considering for the future. I may write some additional books on the subjects of retirement planning, investing, and achieving your goals in your golden years. There are a number of opportunities in the media, including television and radio appearances, where you might be hearing more from me.
I recently rolled out the “Smart Money Planning” educational course, in which baby boomers and people nearing retirement can discover how to properly set up their retirement plans. Many resources will be offered in addition to the videos where I teach a number of topics you have probably never heard about from your Wall Street broker.
In “The Road to Success,” there are various chapters on wealth, health, and lifestyle. You can learn more about this book from this video.
I wrote about the ongoing battle people are facing in the financial industry as it relates to investment dollars and retirement money. The way that an advisor is licensed often dictates the types of investments they offer. The commission broker will usually offer a mix of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. An insurance agent will have insurance and annuity products, and a banker will talk to you about CDs and savings accounts. There is potential for bias and conflicts of interest because of this.
Here’s a comparison that should shed some more light on this: If you are shopping for a car and go to a Ford dealership, what will they show you and try to sell to you? Obviously, a Ford. If you go to a Lexus dealer, then they will show you different models of the Lexus. It can be the same in the financial industry, and many people are not aware of this.
I have helped people, like yourself, have a Mathematically Correct Solution for investments with some simple improvements. I can show you how to help:
– Grow your portfolio and not lose money.
– Help ensure you don’t outlive your income steam, even if the stock market does not perform the way we want it to.
– Follow proper strategies, so you can get paid an increasing lifetime income that will never run out (even if you live another 30 years or longer).
– Preserve your lump-sum principal.
– Provide flexibility and liquidity.
– Reduce risks and fees while being as tax efficient as possible.
Many people do not know the real purpose of their investments. You might find yourself in this category, too. Perhaps you have a mix of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds from that person who calls himself a “financial advisor”; but in reality, he is a commission broker (which used to be called a stockbroker). How are all of your investments and assets working together to meet your financial goals and not somebody else’s? This is why I wrote “The Road to Success.”
There are different places where you should have your money invested, with each place having its own specific purpose and function.
1. It’s very beneficial to have money that is easily accessible in the bank or some other place that you are comfortable with. This is what we call “9 a.m. money,” since you could get it by 9 o’clock the next day if needed — or “5-minute money,” since you could get it in a few minutes if needed. Many people choose to have 5–15% of their portfolio here, which could cover 6–12 months of expenses if needed.
2. The second place that many people have money invested in is the stock market. This is the money that you hope to grow over time. You understand that there will be ups and downs in the market, so you should not be as concerned with short-term gains and losses. I wrote about the Rule of 100 in helping to determine the amount of money you might want to have at risk in the markets.
3. The third place is money that you still want to grow, but without being at risk in the stock market. This is something you probably won’t hear from Wall Street. Some people choose to have most of their portfolio in the markets, which is fine as long as they are aware of all their different options both in and out of the market. The average commission broker will usually not talk about this.
In “The Road to Success,” I wrote about the different ways that I am licensed. I am securities licensed and am also a Fiduciary Financial Advisor, in which I am trained to always have my client’s best interests first and foremost in everything that I do. I am also licensed for multiple types of insurance. My goal is to avoid the usual bias and conflicts of interest that other advisors could be subject to. I work closely with my clients to help build a “Balanced Plan” that meets their important life goals and financial objectives. It’s very rewarding for me when I can help take someone through a transformation of fear and the unknown to an exciting financial future full of promise and prosperity. I’ve done it several times and look forward to continuing to do this for many years to come.
You can request my chapter from the best-selling book “The Road to Success” by clicking this form here.
A portion of the royalties earned from this book was donated to Entrepreneurs International Foundation. This is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating launch campaigns to raise money and awareness for charitable causes.
For more information or to schedule a meeting, please contact our office.